Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Exposed To Mold
Need Treatment: If you have had mold exposure, and feel any symptoms of that it is important to get treatment immediately. Exposure to mold can lead to fungal infections. This requires anti-fungal medication for effective clearance of the fungus. If left untreated there can be serious complications as well as spread of the infection to other areas of the body, depending on the infectious fungus. ...Read more
Mold is also known as fungus or in some cases yeast. Fungal spores are very small and tend to be found in compost, barns/farms, hay, grass and damp basements. Some fungal spores are more likely to be associated with "dry" v. "wet" environments. When inhaled, mold spores can lead to many disorders including asthma, allergic rhinitis, hypersensitivty pneumonitis, ...Read more
Mold in the home: There are many types of mold and many of them are black.. Fixing the problem of indoor mold requires removal of water leakage and/or improving ventilation. High mold counts can cause discomfort as an irritant or allergy/asthma problems if you have an allergy to the mold. First, remove the mold. Second, improve ventilation. Third, seek treatment for allergy ; asthma symptoms. ...Read more
Evidence lacking : Unfortunately, there is not a body of scientific evidence to support the concept that exposure to black mold causes specific symptoms or diseases. When I have a patient who believes they have this problem, i check them for mold allergies and encourage them to get their exposure problem resolved. I also check them for chronic infections and if they have those, i check immune function. ...Read more
I live older home with mold growing out of the walls best "blood" test for toxic mold exposure or mold toxicity? How do I convince my dr to test 4 it?
Mold in home: Best thing to do is have a reliable mold construction specialist check your house for toxic mold, to see if it may be harmful to you. There are many scams about molds so be sure you have an honest mold specialist. ...Read more
Allergy: Fears over "black mold" exposure have made lawyers rich but I do not know a single pathologist who believes there's a real, definable disease from this particular species. However, quite a few people are allergic to spores of molds and bacteria, and these can produce either "hay fever" type problems or a treacherous hypersensitivity pneumonitis. It's best to keep molds under control, but not panic ...Read more
Everyone does: Mold exposure is very common. Every time you are outside you get some mold exposure. In fact, most mold exposure is outdoors, not indoors. Mold is found in grass, leaves, compost, mulch, and may be stirred up the wind or by activities like mowing, raking, or sweeping. Indoor mold is the result of a damp indoor environment. To reduce mold indoors the source of the moisture has to be eliminated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Work Mold Exposure: Molds are ubiquitous in outdoor air and therefore easily get indoors as well. They grow on most organic matter, especially in moist conditions. Allergic workers experiencing respiratory symptoms should identify possible mold sources, request moving to an area away from mold, and consult a physician regarding medications to control allergies. Allergy injections also help keep symptoms in check. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Mold is ubquitous: Mold is also known as fungus or in some cases yeast. Fungal spores are very small and tend to be found in compost, barns/farms, hay, grass and damp basements. Some fungal spores are more likely to be associated with "dry" v. "wet" environments. When inhaled, mold spores can lead to many disorders including asthma, allergic rhinitis, hypersensitivty pneumonitis, and allergic fungal sinusitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Allergy consult: The toxic effects from black moldt exposure are often exaggerated. A certain percentage of people exposed to it may develop asthma, hay fever, sinus infections etc. The best treatment is to move out of the place where the black mold has been found until the problem has been fixed. If problem continues, see an allergist. Do note that not all people become ill after mold exposure. ...Read more
Mold exposure: It would be hard to tell. We have been living in the environment with lots of aero allergens and pathogens and not all of us responds to the exposure the same way. It also depends on the exposure load too. You might not have any problems. You might get sensitized or allergies to the molds, or get an invasive lung infection. If you already have environmental allergies, you should avoid it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do if exposed to black mold?
- Exposed to mold
- What is the best treatment for recently exposed to poison oak or poison ivy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for painful red rash on sun exposed areas?
- Exposed to mold symptoms
- Remedies for exposed to mold
- Home remedies for exposed to mold
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free