Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
Menorrhagia is also known as Excessive menstrual bleeding. Menorrhagia/Heavy Menstrual Bleeding is any period bleeding that leads to soaking a pad/tampon more than every 2hrs, interferes w/ daily activities, or lasts >7days. There are many causes: fibroids, polyp, hormonal imbalance (TSH/Prog/Estr), adenomyosis, bleeding disorders and cancer. Get checked out. Taking progesterone (pills/IUD) can help to thin the uterine lining so you ...Read more
Posssible: You need to be evaluated by your gyn as you need a workup which includes an exam, blood work and an ultrasound. Increase in prostaglandins can contribute to the nausea and you want to make sure you do not have certain gyn conditions like endometriosis, etc. There are many different treatment options to treat your bleeding and nausea depending on the cause, so no need to suffer, see your gyn.. ...Read more
Depends: I usually tesy the blood count and TSH (thyroid). Rarely i order more. If a patient has a story of easy bruisability i would check for bleeding disorders. If i was concerned about your ability to cycle i might extend the work up to a pcos evaluation, with fasting Insulin and blood sugar. ...Read more
Depends on your doc: Well all have our own way or working patients up. Also, it will depend upon your history and what you might be do for. In my bleeding patients, I am more inclinded to order blood work and pelvic Ultrasound then bring them back to go over results. Some would do a pelvic exam irrespective, so you might anticipate that. ...Read more
As far as I know: NoneGet a more detailed answer ›
Menstrual refers to the monthly cycle in women which prepares the female for ovulation, generally once per month, which is that time of month that the egg can be fertilized by the male sperm, for the purpose of reproduction. Menstrual cycles start at the first day of menstruation. (it's always been curious to me that 'menstrual' and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for excessive menstrual cramps?
- What is the best treatment for painful menstrual bleeding?
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for vaginal bleeding in newborn?
- What is the best treatment for excessive airway mucus secretion?
- What is the best treatment for puncture wound of toe its not bleeding?
- What is the best treatment for gum bleeding?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free