Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Esophageal Spasm
If medications fail: If medications fail, meaning the disease is refractor to maximal medical therapy, then a long esophageal myotomy, or cutting of the esophageal muscles can be performed. This can be performed either thoracoscopically, laparoscopically or a combination of the two. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Not that i know of.Get a more detailed answer ›
Does Dad have DES?: Spastic motility disorders are defined by esophageal manometry, but the intermittent nature of these abnormalities like des frequently requires other esophageal tests before starting treatment. Of course, pain of des can mimic coronary artery disease sufficiently that a cardiac evaluation should first rule out heart & vessel problems. Also, address associated heartburn & irritable bowel syndrome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chest pain: It can feel like heartburn, but many people describe a pain that is similar to "angina" (which is just latin for strangling). An unpleasant squeezing or tightness in the chest. It's sometimes relieved by a belch, or antacids. Drugs like nitrates and calcium channel blockers are also effective, but not uniformly so. Sometimes antidepressants (yes, those!) work to reduce the spasms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for colon muscle spasms?
- What is the best treatment for finger spasms?
- What is the best treatment for facial muscle spasms?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for painful muscle spasms?
- What is the best treatment for toe spasms?
- What is the best treatment for muscle spasms?
- What is the best treatment for abdominal spasm?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online