Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Dry Skin
Skin lacking adequate moisture feels tight and uncomfortable. This can result from impaired lipid production within the skin leading to water loss. Patients with eczema are prone to dry skin. Other possible causes include low environmental humidity, excessive use of soap, or internal causes such as hypothyroidism. Application of moisturizing cream or ointment immediately ...Read more
Hydrate; Less Soap: Limit your showers to less that five minutes and use a soap free cleanser (cetaphil, olay for sensitive skin). Apply a fragrance-free, oil-free moisturizer at least once per day (eucerin, moisturel). For red, itchy areas, resist the temptation to scratch. If necessary, apply a 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice per day for less than one week. ...Read more
I have a skin disorder called itchyosis, what are the best treatments for severe dry skin like this. Any prescription stuff available?
Many Options: Ichthyosis ranges from mild to severe, and there are treatments available for whatever type that you have. Two main approaches to treatment are 1. To keep the skin moisturized 2. To remove the scales. Common prescriptions which accomplish one or both approaches include retinoids, urea, alpha/beta hydroxy acids and others. Recommend to see dermatologist to determine best treatment strategy for you. ...Read more
Dry skin: Dry skin, especially in the winter, is difficult to get rid of, but the best treatment is moisturizer 3 times a day. My favorite moisturizers are Lubriderm for mild dry skin, or Aquaphor for severe dry skin. Sometimes mixing the Lubriderm and aquaphor works well to help spread it over your skin. ...Read more
Dry skin is usually: related to lack of a protein in the surface of your skin. Natural treatments are simple like using gentle skin cleansers, body oils and lubricants to seal in moisture, taking supplements like Vitamin B and E. I like adding petrolatem to my bathtub or when the skin is still wet. I also find urea or lactic acid based products work well ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for dry itchy skin?
- What is the best home treatment for extremely dry skin?
- What is the best treatment for skin that has been scratched raw and is oozing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best body wash for dry sensitive skin?
- What is the best treatment for bleeding under the skin?
- What is the best treatment for hardened bumps of calcium deposits under the skin?
- What is the best treatment for raw skin?
- Talk to a dermatologist online