Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Darkening Of Skin
See your Doc.: The important thing to do is to get investigated for conditions like diabetes which make you prone to get infections. Aches could be due to infection, if no other cause is found. Correct DX and appropriate treatment would be needed to get rid of this problem. At times surgical cleaning up of the area affected by it, would be required. Hence see your doc, or a skin specialist. ...Read more
It depends: To better answer your question, we'd need to know what the cause of the thickened skin is. And we'd need to know the location. Thickened skin could be the result of psoriasis, eczema, poor hygiene, etc. So without additional information, it's difficult to answer your question. ...Read more
What is the best treatment for skin fungi? I have had it on and off since I was a teenager and am yet to find a fast, effective treatment
Topical Therapy: Tinea versicolor is a common fungal skin infection most prevalent in tropical climates and in adolescents and young adults. This is not contagious. Topical therapy with ketoconazole 2% shampoo can be helpful however pigmentary changes of skin may take months to resolve. If symptoms are severe or you fail topical therapy this condition can be treated with oral anti-fungals as well. ...Read more
Prescription: The topical medications that we prescribe for rosacea most commonly are of the Metronidazole type -- either gel , cream or lotion with strengths varying from 0.75% to 1%. Another commonly used product is Finacea Gel 15%. Please see your dermatologist for the best option for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for darkening of nipples?
- What is the best treatment for thickening of the skin on the fingers?
- What is the best treatment for blue black discoloration of areas of skin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for swollen ball of foot?
- What is the best treatment for skin that has been scratched raw and is oozing?
- What is the best treatment for severely dry skin over-the-counter lotion?
- What is the best treatment for fragile skin?
- Talk to a dermatologist online