Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Clouding Of The Cornea
Too vague: Depends on the cause.Get a more detailed answer ›
See ophthalmologist: Corneal scratches are quite painful. They can rarely get infected if the agent causing the scratch was contaminated. However tears are very anti-bacterial which helps. Treatment includes topical moisturizers, a therapeutic contact lens in some cases and anti-pain medication if needed. Uncomplicated scratches develop a new skin in 24 hours typically. If longer, see an ophthalmologist. ...Read more
Topical steroids: Inflammation is typically treated with steroid eye drops such as durezol, pred forte, or lotemax. Just as important is knowing the cause of the inflammation so that the underlying problem can be treated. Inflammation is a common response to some type of insult or disease. Steroids can have serious side effects and are usually used for a limited time. Treating the underlying cause is critical. ...Read more
Fuchs: It depends on a multitude of factors such as your best corrected vision, your corneal thickness, your endothelial cell count (health of the inner layer of cells). Anyone with Fuchs should be evaluated by an eye care provider and optimally by a corneal specialist who can review the condition and go over treatments and options and measure the disease course. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What's best treatment for recurrent corneal erosions: anterior stromal puncture or phototherapeutic keratectomy?
Meds then surgery: Usually you want to move from least to most aggressive treatment. Utilizing topical and oral anti-inflammatories as well as lubricating treatment should be tried first. Stromal puncture should only be used for small areas outside of the visual axis as scarring can occur. Laser ptk can be used for a larger area that is more anterior, especially if the cornea is steep or the pt is nearsighted. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for swelling of private parts?
- What is the best treatment for swelling in arch of foot?
- What is the best treatment for delusions of grandeur?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for brown discoloration of teeth?
- What is the best treatment for low hairline at back of neck?
- What is the best treatment for bald patch on back of head?
- What is the best treatment for early closure of anterior fontanel?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free