Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Cheek Biting
Is there maybe a way to remove the scar tissue in my cheeks to prevent further cheek-biting? My teeth are all straight and well cared for.
See Dentist: Ultimately you should seek advice from your Dentist or an Oral Surgeon to evaluate this and discuss your options. Typically this "linea alba" or white line is from habitually sucking your cheek into or between your teeth. See if you notice yourself doing this over the next 5 days. If so, then do what you can to stop. if you cannot stop it, any tissue removal will only be temporary. Good Luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See specialist: See a prosthodontist to evaluate your bite . If all is well with it, then you may need a nightguard for the nighttime. If you are doing this during the day then you may need to see a therapist to help determine why you are doing this and how to help you manage/improve it . Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cheek biting habit: Bite being off, ill fitting dentures, missing teeth can lead to biting your cheek. If you are asking about having a habit, like you catch yourself chewing on the inside of your cheek or pulling off a little of the inner "skin" of the cheek and chewing the piece, which many people do, some causes of that could be boredom, stress, self satisfaction from chewing something which sounds primal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for lip biting?
- Treating small, white spots on the inside of the cheek
- What is the best treatment for experiencing nipple biting?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for slapped cheek rash?
- Treatments for nail biting
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online