Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Centipede Sting
Symptomatic relief: Centipedes have a painful bite and may cause swelling. The biggest concern is secondary infection, so wash the area with soap and water and watch carefully for signs of infection(pus, expanding redness).Hot compress may help reduce the pain, or an ice pack to relieve swelling. Over the counter pain relievers can be used as well as Hydrocortisone cream for itching. ...Read more
12 hours or less: Little critters can certainly sting! wash with water. Use cool compresses every 10 minutes. Talk with your doc if the sting lasts for more than 12 hours or you have serious symptoms [headache, palpitations, sick to your stomach/barfing, feel nervous, see red streaks, or a painful swelling of the lymph nodes]. Hope you feel better. ...Read more
Very unusual: And not very serious.Get a more detailed answer ›
Rarely: Symptoms which are most likely to develop include: severe pain, which is usually in proportion to the size of the centipede;swelling and redness; swollen, painful lymph nodes in the regions of the bitten limb; headache;palpitations or a racing pulse;nausea and vomiting;anxiety;local itching and burning sensations...(.From wikipedia). Most centipedes stings are not life threatening. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for anal mucus discharge?
- What is the best treatment for small penis?
- What is the best treatment for penis scar?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for small testes?
- What is the best treatment for weak uterus?
- What is the best treatment for scrotum rash?
- What is the best treatment for ligament laxity?
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?