Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Broken Rib
Pain in chest: If uncomplicated after exam by a physician, you should rest, take pain meds if needed, apply ice to the site and be sure to breathe as deeply as possible while healing which can take 4-6 weeks.Do not wrap your chest even though it may feel better! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
PT: If your exam supported that diagnosis I would recommend PT. ...Read more
Anti-inflammatories: Broken ribs take longer to heal than some injuries because the ribs are always moving. The only truly “natural” pain reliever are the endorphins your body makes. Some people and some studies have shown that white willow bark is an effective anti-inflammatory. Omega-3 fatty acids derived from fish oil (and not plant oil) can be very potent anti-inflammatories, but take weeks to months to take work. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Gnenrslly 3-6 weeks: It depends on the severity and if there is an associated flail chest or punctured lung or hemopneumothorax which require urgent care. However in the vast majority of cases nothing is done. This will take a minimum of 3 weeks for callus formation to stabilize the fracture and decrease pain but may take up to two years for complete healing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for broken arm or leg?
- What is the treatment for broken ribs?
- What is the best treatment for broken upper arm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- What is the best treatment for anal mucus discharge?
- What is the best treatment for small penis?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free