Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Bowel Spasms
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
Have ibs, bad periods even when on apri get really bad cramping where i pass out and bowel spasms, is there something better then apri that could help?
Diet changes: There are a couple of medications that I have used in my practice (not sure if they are available in canada). These are Linzess and amitiza. However the corner stone treatment for most of my patients has been diet changes. I usually have them avoid processed foods and gluten for about 30 days. For about 99% of my patients these dietary changes relieve most if not all of their symptoms. ...Read more
Depends on the cause: Avoiding lactose, gas-producing food (e.g. Beans, onions, celery, carrots, raisins, bananas, apricots, prunes, brussel sprouts, wheat germ, pretzels, and bagels), certain carbohydrates and gluten may help. Determine if there is food allergy and avoiding those specific foods may help. There is no one answer; trial and error. ...Read more
POSSIBLY: Appendicitis usually presents as a vague pain around the navel and mid-abdomen, which then progresses to right lower quadrant over 12 to 24 hours. Some patients might perceive the pain as a cramp, or spasm. Diarhea is usually not associated, but loss of appetite is. Certainly, as the disease progresses, fever can develop. Good luck. ...Read more
Self hypnosis: Learning selfhypnosis can help you to cope with this symptom. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for coughing spasms?
- What is the best treatment for colon muscle spasms?
- What is the best treatment for finger spasms?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for frequent bowel movements shortly after eating?
- What is the best treatment for esophageal spasm?
- What is the best treatment for loss of bowel control?
- What is the best treatment for painful muscle spasms?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free