Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Body Hair Growth
Hair follicles are distributed throughout the skin with the exception of the palms, soles and glaborous skin of the genitalia. The hair follicle first forms in the eyebrows, upper lips, and chin at 9 weeks gestation. The bulk of the remaining follicles begin to develop at 4 to 5 months gestation in a ...Read more
No: Absolutely not.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes.: To drugs com to mind: Finasteride 2.5-5mg daily, and spironolactone 25-50mg/day. Neither have been approved for this use, but they have been shown to be effective in published reports. Patients who are Insulin resistant, etc. Pre-diabetics, frequently have increased "free" testosterone. Glucophage (metformin) may help this subset of patients, who often have pcos. ...Read more
Yes: For many men this is completely normal. ...Read more
Maybe but it depends: In answering your question, we have to agree (like former president clinton) to a definition of virility since that's more an adjective and less a medical term. Let's assume virility = masculinity, which one could say is distantly related to testosterone. Testosterone is converted into dihydrotestosterone (dht) which increases body hair (but decreases scalp hair). But don't forget genetics! ...Read more
Hi, i'm almost 20 year old and i'm experiencing sudden body hair growth on my forearms, they were hairy but now they are very hairy, is it normal ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for excess hair growth?
- What is the best treatment for facial hair growth?
- Herbal treatment for body hair growth
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for normal female body hair pattern?
- What causes body hair growth in men?
- What is the best treatment for losing hair?
- What is the best treatment for dry hair?
- Talk to a dermatologist online