Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Blue Lips
My son who is 11 has blue lips, i suffer from cardiomyopathy. It is genetic. What are some treatment options for him?
Evaluation: Many cardiomyopathies are genetic in origin, and often the inheritance pattern is autosomal dominant. Regardless of signs of symptoms, you son is at risk for cardiomyopathy (either dilated or hypertrophic) and he should be evaluated by a pediatric cardiologist comfortable with evaluating patients with a family history of cardiomyopathy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many things: This problem mandates a real-time (face-to-face) meeting with a doctor. A history has to be taken along with a examination as well as labs and other tests. Only after all this will your doctor be in a position to tell you what's wrong and what needs to be done to help you. ...Read more
Low oxygen level: Bluish discoloration of the skin or lips is called cyanosis, and is generally caused by a low oxygen level or vasoconstriction. Typical causes are lung disorders, or particular types of heart defects or congestive heart failure. Extreme cold can cause vessel constriction leading to cyanosis. If the condition persists, see your doctor. ...Read more
Possibly: This is one of those problems where a visit to your doctor is necessary to figure out what's going on. Only after a thorough evaluation, including examination and possibly labs and other tests, can your doctor correctly diagnose you and treat you effectively. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for blue gray spots on lips?
- What is the best treatment for blue feet?
- What is the best treatment for blue nails?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for blue sclera?
- What is the best treatment for blue gray sclera?
- What is the best treatment for lip inflammation?
- What is the best treatment for thin lips?
- Talk to a cardiologist online