Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Blue Lips
My son who is 11 has blue lips, i suffer from cardiomyopathy. It is genetic. What are some treatment options for him?
Evaluation: Many cardiomyopathies are genetic in origin, and often the inheritance pattern is autosomal dominant. Regardless of signs of symptoms, you son is at risk for cardiomyopathy (either dilated or hypertrophic) and he should be evaluated by a pediatric cardiologist comfortable with evaluating patients with a family history of cardiomyopathy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Low oxygen level: Bluish discoloration of the skin or lips is called cyanosis, and is generally caused by a low oxygen level or vasoconstriction. Typical causes are lung disorders, or particular types of heart defects or congestive heart failure. Extreme cold can cause vessel constriction leading to cyanosis. If the condition persists, see your doctor. ...Read more
Possibly: This is one of those problems where a visit to your doctor is necessary to figure out what's going on. Only after a thorough evaluation, including examination and possibly labs and other tests, can your doctor correctly diagnose you and treat you effectively. ...Read more
See your doctor: Symptoms and concerns like these mandate a thorough evaluation by your doctor. Only after such an evaluation, which may include labs and radiographic examinations, can he/she let you know what's going on and how best to help you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for blue skin or lips?
- What is the best treatment for blue sclera?
- What is the best treatment for pale lips?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for blue gray sclera?
- What is the best treatment for lip blister?
- What is the best treatment for blue hands?
- What is the best treatment for blue black discoloration of areas of skin?
- Talk to a cardiologist online