Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Blood In Vomit
My relative had blood in vomit. Diagnosed to blood vessel burst in abdomen. How serious this is? What could be the cause? What is the treatment?
Depends: Vomiting can tear vessel at junction of esophagus and stomach. Bleeding usually self-limited, but can be extensive. Other serious causes, like bleeding ulcers, cancers, varicose veins of esophagus or stomach, other, can occur. Ask the mds involved in relative's care for info. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes, it's dangerous!: Your body is issuing a warning that your habit of purging through vomiting is tearing you up -- literally. Please, please see your physician about this, so you can protect your physical health. Also so you can begin treatment for your eating disorder. It is very dangerous. ...Read more
Yes: See prior answer for more details.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends: If you start off vomiting blood from the beginning of being sick - you probably need to go to the emergency room. If you have been throwing up and after a few episodes of vomiting you begin to see a few spots of blood, you are probably ok to just treat your illness and ignore the blood. But if there is lots of blood, or if what comes up is all blood, you need immediate attention. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for blood in urine?
- What is the best treatment for blood in stool?
- What is the best treatment for mucus in stool?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for swelling in arch of foot?
- What is the best treatment for burning sensations in hands and feet?
- What is the best treatment for crusty eyes in morning?
- What is the best treatment for green vomit?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free