Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Belly Button Bleeding
When the umbilical cord is cut, it leaves a stump, which then dries, heals, and usually falls off within 1 - 3 weeks. While the cord is healing, keep it as clean and as dry as possible. In order to keep the cord dry, sponge bathe your baby rather than submersing him in a tub of water. Another uncommon problem is active bleeding. This usually occurs when the cord is pulled off too soon. Allow the cord to fall off naturally, even if it is only hanging on by a thread. In active bleeding, every time you wipe away a drop of blood, another drop appears. If the cord does actively bleed, call ...Read more
Omphalitis: Belly button infections are very rare in adults. It may be due to something as simple as a skin infection or infected hair follicle. I would recommend local wound care and antibiotics. If it returns, a ct scan is needed to check for any umbilical cord-related remnants which may need to be removed. ...Read more
See below: These symptoms can only be adequately addressed by your doctor in real-time (face-to-face). Only after a thorogh evaluation, possibly including labs and other studies, can he/she determine what's wrong and what to do about it. ...Read more
I just had a cystectomy yesterday and I just wouldl Ike to know if belly button bleeding is normal ?
Why is my belly button bleeding? I don't have a piercing. It looks like it ripped open on the inside. It's not dripping out but it moist with blood.
Not normal: You need an exam and other testing, not normal to have that happen for now reason or if no piercing or surgery has been done. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for bruising around belly button?
- What is the best treatment for protruding belly button?
- What is the best treatment for inny belly button?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for bleeding under the skin?
- What is the best treatment for vaginal bleeding in newborn?
- What is the best treatment for puncture wound of toe its not bleeding?
- What is the best treatment for gum bleeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online