Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Ankle Stiffness
A few thoughts...: Could be arthritis as some people have start-up stiffness that diminishes after they get going. Also if there is swelling that is a component this may decrease with activity and allow greater range of motion. Could also be tendinopathy/paratenonitis. I would need more information to get you a definitive diagnosis and treatment. Go to www.Orthodoc.Aaos.Org/footankle to make an appointment. ...Read more
Gently get going: Stiffness of the ankle can be due to an underlying arthritis, or do to soft tissue/muscle stiffness. Symptomatic relief with warm soaks or heating pads, gentle movement of the ankle joint to loosen it up can help. An oral antiinfiammatory can provide temporary relief. If the ankle stiffness is consistent or worsens, seek care from your podiatrist or orthopedist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is swelling in front of ankle & stiffness when dorsiflex normal? Sprain occurred 10 weeks ago. There's no pain but is def weaker then good side.
See a physician: Simple ankle sprains can sometimes result in long term problems. Depending on the severity of the sprain, you may have damaged the soft tissue around the ankle along with the bone. Once the joint cartilage is damaged, painful arthritis can develop down the line. I would recommend evaluation by either an orthopedic surgeon or podiatrist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for joint stiffness?
- What is the best treatment for hip stiffness?
- What is the best treatment for muscle stiffness?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for joint pain or stiffness?
- What is the best treatment for a sprained ankle?
- What is the best treatment for ankle joint pain?
- What is the best course of treatment for a sprained ankle?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free