Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Alcohol Poisoning
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
Can you have alcohol poisoning the day after drinking? I feel awful, had approx 10 drinks in 6 hours. Blacked out don't remember end of night.
Hangover: I am really glad you have to ask, because this tells me this is the first time you have done this, and that you won't do it again. This is to be expected when you drink this much. From now on, stop at one or two drinks. Your life will be much better. I suspect you have already made this decision. ...Read more
Go to a hospital: True alcohol "poisoning" is when you drink enough to not just fall asleep, but to go into a coma, and have your breathing slow down. You would not be typing your question online if you were alcohol poisoned. If you are drinking large amounts of alcohol regularly, you at greater risk of cirrhosis, heart damage, pancreatitis, many kinds of cancer and other complications than you are of poisoning. ...Read more
Real: Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. Drinking too much can lead to a coma and loss of protective reflexes that prevent you from aspirating and keep you breathing. People can vomit and aspirate it into their lungs. They can be so drunk, they can stop breathing. These effects are magnified if alcohol is used with other meds that are sedating, like opioids or benzodiazepines. Be careful! ...Read more
Wouldn't be typing: Alcohol poisoning causes sedation and ultimately coma, and if severe, respiratory depression, brain damage, other physical damage and even death. If you are sitting and typing, you may be drunk (which is at one end of "poisoning") but you wouldn't be considered "poisoned." there was an old commercial that said- "if you are worried you might have an alcohol problem, you probably have one."get help. ...Read more
Serious: Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant. Drinking too much can lead to a coma and loss of protective reflexes that prevent you from aspirating and keep you breathing. People can vomit and aspirate it into their lungs. They can be so drunk, they can stop breathing. These effects are magnified if alcohol is used with other meds that are sedating, like opioids or benzodiazepines. Be careful! ...Read more
Alcohol poisioning: Is a serious & sometimes fatal consequence of drinking large amounts of alcohol in short period of time. It affects your breathing, gag reflex & heart rate, leading to coma. Needs emergency medical treatment thru breathing support, I.V. Fluids & vitamins. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
By symptoms&signs: Symptoms are confusion vomiting seizures irregular breathing slow breathing less than 8 breaths a minute blue tinged or pale skin low body temperature stuper and coma, can not awake the person and can be a risk for dying not all symptoms have to be present but one can diagnose alcohol poisoning by observing the person and need to seek medical help stat-----------911. ...Read more
Could you tell me what happens if you don't seek medical attention after having alcohol poisoning?
being drunk: Disinhibition which can cause poor judgement (like driving or other activities that will be impaired), increased aggression, imbalance, slurred speech, impaired reflex response time. Alcohol also causes damage to virtually every organ system in the human body when taken to excess on a regular basis. Often these do not cause symptoms until the damage is already done and may be extensive. ...Read more
Not sure what you: mean by "blood alcohol poisoning." We measure alcohol in the blood, but alcohol poisoning is essentially an overdose of alcohol, which results in unconsciousness, progressing sedation with the potential for vomiting and aspiration with pneumonia, and gradually increasing respiratory depression, which if severe and untreated can lead to death, or survival with brain damage and other complications. ...Read more
Some perspective : It might be obvious but if consumed copious amounts of alcohol and feel bad afterwards, it's probably due to the alcohol. Alcohol poisoning is a serious medical issue and being you are posting may preclude you from that. Viruses encompass a huge array of symptoms. If you think you have alcohol poisoning get to a hospital. ...Read more
People may be : Brought to the hospital for treatment of alcohol poisoning. Alcohol poisoning is usually treated by monitoring the patient & ensuring that he or she does not choke of vomitus or stop breathing. The person is given intravenous fluids (& possibly glucose or thiamin) & supplemental oxygen. Accidental ingestion of methanol or isopropyl alcohol may require dialysis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Treatments for giving up alcohol
- Alcohol poisoning medical treatment
- Alcohol poisoning symptoms and treatment
- Isopropyl alcohol poisoning treatment
- Best treatment for sun poisoning
- What are the treatments for alcohol poisoning?
- What to do for alcohol poisoning?
- What are the effects of alcohol poisoning?
- What is the best treatment for alcohol sensitivity?