Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Absent Periods
Amenorrhea: Or absent periods may occur form a wide variety of reasons. It may be because you are not ovulating or because you are menopausal or because you have underlying medical problems that interfere with normal menstrual cycle (eg, thyroid). In some cases it may be anatomic like a congenital or developmental problem that may require surgical correction. ...Read more
Maybe: Antidepressant medication are know to affect menstrual cycles rather than regulate them. However, if the treatment results in weight loss, you may restore your regularity by returning to your normal weight. Regardless of your medication, menstrual loss or irregularities should be evaluated. ...Read more
Can Happen: Yes, high stress and anxiety levels can affect the menstrual cycle. The menstrual cycle is affected by the hormones released during high anxiety.Consider yoga/taichi or some other type of peaceful mind-body practices to counteract the stress and anxiety in your life. As another doctor mentioned, probably worth getting checked out since there are other causes of irregular or absent periods as well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herbal treatment for absent periods
- What is the best treatment for decreased or absent breath sounds?
- What is the best treatment for absent pubic hair?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for heavy periods?
- What is the best treatment for light periods?
- What is the best treatment for bleeding between periods?
- Causes of absent periods
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free