Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Thing To Take For Motion Sickness
Prevention: In a boat: look at the horizon or a land mass (island or shore), stay on deck rather than go below, eating lighter easily digestible meals. If motion sickness occurs, various medications may help. In a car or plane: look at horizon, do not read or look down excessively. Plane: sit over wings. Car: sit in front seat. ...Read more
Motion sickness: Some techniques include looking straight in the direction of the travel when in a car & if night-time close your eyes or nap, chew gum, fresh cool air, wearing a special eyewear called viban, & medications such as dramamine (dimenhydrinate) & meclizine, scopolamine transdermal patch, promethazine, ginger as crystals or tea. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I seem to be having motion sickness just sitting or lying around what can I take to help with this?
Try antihistamine: such as meclizine. If this doesn't help, time to see a doctor. If you lie supine with your head motionless facing the ceiling with your eyes closed for five minutes, it should help temporarily. ...Read more
Why should v take avomine (for motion sickness) a night before for long journeys? Do the effect of the medicine increase?
EFFECTIVE IF TAKEN: It is most effective if taken night before or taken prieor to start of journey as it takes time for it to be absorped and be in blood before you are in motion.It will stay in your system for 2to4days as its half life is 10to19 hours so if you are on a long cruise you need to take it evey 2to3 days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you take for motion sickness?
- What is the best thing to take for a cough?
- Best cure for motion sickness
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best thing to take for menstrual cramps?
- What is the best thing to take for sinus drainage?
- What is the best thing to take for a throat infection?
- What is the best thing to take for a dry cough?
- Talk to a aerospace physician online for free