Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Thing To Do When You Have Pink Eye
It depends: Viral pink eyes is very common and you don't need to do much (just some redness, maybe watery, no discharge, no pain/change of vision etc...)..Or if allergies--typically some redness, watery and itchy...Then allergies drops will help. If you have discharge from eyes, pain, change of visision..See your doctor asap..Vision is precious and so don't cut corner.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Give it time: Most "pinkeye" or conjunctivitis is actually viral, so antibiotic eye drops are usually not effective. Viral conjunctivitis tends to run it's course in 7-10 days. It can be very contagious, spreading from one eye to the other or to other people. Hand washing is essential. To be certain it is not a more serious bacterial or fungal infection, you should see an ophthalmologist. ...Read more
Eye drops: Otc eye drops may be soothing as you await evaluation. Pull the lower lid down with one finger pulling the skin of your cheek & this will open your lower lid as a shelf. Put the drops on the shelf & your blink reflex won't toss the drop off before it can do some good.Definitive rx may require prescription med from your doc, or some viral infections just have to run their course. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best thing to do for pink eye if you cannot make it to the doctor?
- Whats the best thing to do if you have a pink eye
- What is the best position to sleep when you have a broken wrist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take redness relief eye drops when you have pink eye?
- What to do when you get menthol in the eye?
- What is the best thing to do for swollen gums?
- The best exercise to do at the gym when you have piriformis syndrome
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free