Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Thermometer To Use On My Baby
Parent dependent: Whatever you feel most comfortable with. You could always ask your pediatrician or simply go online and look at lots and lots of reviews from like-minded parent's. The exergen thermometer has lots of media coverage, but its own set of drawbacks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In the bottom.: Your toddler may not like it, but at this age, a rectal temperature is the most accurate. Digital thermometers are easy to find at the drug store; just make sure that it's a rectal one (they're labeled). Apply some petroleum jelly or KY jelly on the tip before inserting it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
10month baby.feel his forehead, body warm. I feel he has fever. But when I test him w thermometer he is normal.i use ear thermometer.
I have a baby thermometer and it changed itself somehow to celsius. Instead of trying to change it i need to know what's a good celsius reading?
Should i take my baby to the e.R.? I checked his temperature from his armpit with a digital thermometer 3 different times. It read 101.3 all 3 times. I recall his dr saying before that if i checked temperature this way I should add on 1 degree. My baby fe
Fever *by itself*...: ...Is never an emergency. Fever plus very cranky, severe cough, much vomiting, out of it, short of breath, not drinking, etc - now that is an emergency, but that would still be an emergency even if fever wasn't there. Exception: any fever is an emergency in a baby under 2 months of age, or in a severely immunosuppressed person such as one on chemotherapy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My husband applied lube on the thermometer to take rectal temp of baby. He told me that the lube didn't have a lid (lost) for days. Risk of infection?
Doubtful/improbable: This is highly unlikely to create any problems. Worry not. ...Read more
My 1 yr old baby have fever from several hours, dont have thermometer to check, but she is very hot, what should i do???
Possibly viral: Please give her a dose of acetaminophen to bring down the fever and encourage her to drink fluids to stay hydrated. If she does not feel better with her temperature down or you cannot get her to drink she needs to be seen tonight. If she does feel better and can stay hydrated you can give it a day or two to resolve on it's own. If you feel she looks worrisome, take her in for a check by her doc ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best medicine to take for lower abdominal pains while on my period?
- What is the best color combination on my computer to help reduce eye strain?
- What is the probability that my baby lungs to be mature on an amnio at 37w5d?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best medicine to take for tummy cramps while i am on my period?
- What is the best and safest way for my baby to lose weight?
- What is the best way to wean my baby off of bottles?
- What is the best way to track the growth of my baby bump?
- What is the best thing to get rid of scars on my leg?