Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Tb Test And Does It Hurt
Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection is also known as Tuberculosis. Mycobacterium tuberculosis is an infectious organism that spreads by droplets coughed out by an infected person. Infection is established initially in lungs, but can spread within lungs & to other body parts, or can become latent, with reactivation occurring years to decades later. With effective treatment, it can be completely eliminated although drug resistant ...Read more
How badly does a TB test hurt? I'm extremely terrified of needles and would like to know how bad it will hurt.
It depends: There are 2 types of tests used to "screen" people for tb. The skin test involves an injection which leaves a small bump under the skin. Your provider will then wait 48 to 72 hours later to "read" the result. The injection may lead to swelling or redness which the provider will interpret & measure. Not all skin changes mean the TB test is positive. A routine blood test for TB is also available. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is not painful: & it is important to know the results. In the words of NIKE - "Just do it!" ...Read more
Is an infection in the body with mycobacterium tuberculosis. It is almost always acquired via the respiratory tract from which it can spread to other organs. After that, the immune system walls the bacteria off. All of this usually occurs without symptoms. After that, activation of the infection can occur in about 10% of the total patients. Half of this risk is in ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when the back of your neck and ears hurts?
- What time of the month is it best to have unprotected sex and not be pregnant?
- What does it mean when you get the chills and lower back is in pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is best way to cure constipation and how long does it take?
- What is the drug mirtazapine 15mg and does it cause swelling?
- Where is the vagus nerve and what does it do
- What does a tb test look like when it is negative?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online