Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Tb Test And Does It Hurt
Mycobacterium tuberculosis is an infectious organism that spreads by droplets coughed out by an infected person. Infection is established initially in lungs, but can spread within lungs & to other body parts, or can become latent, with reactivation occurring years to decades later. With effective treatment, it can be completely eliminated although drug resistant ...Read more
How badly does a TB test hurt? I'm extremely terrified of needles and would like to know how bad it will hurt.
Positive PPD test: A positive TB test should look like hard, raised bump with size >5to15 mm depending of the risk category you are in. It should be read in between 48 to72 hours. It is the hardness and not redness which is read. Thanks. ...Read more
Is an infection in the body with mycobacterium tuberculosis. It is almost always acquired via the respiratory tract from which it can spread to other organs. After that, the immune system walls the bacteria off. All of this usually occurs without symptoms. After that, activation of the infection can occur in about 10% of the total patients. Half of this risk is in ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does a tb test hurt?
- What does a negative tb test injection look?
- What does a positive tb test look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a tb test look like when it is negative?
- What does a positive tb test result look like?
- What does a negative tb test result look like?
- What does a skin reaction to a tb test look like?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online