Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Pinworm Medication Do I Need A Prescription
Pinworms is a condition in which a person (often young children, sometimes parents of young children) has little parasites called pinworms in his large intestine and his poop. Pinworms are threadlike worms about half an inch long, causing the main symptom of butt-itching or butt-scratching in kids. Treatment is usually ...Read more
Do you need a prescription to get Ivermectin or mebendazole, or any other antibiotics that kill pinworms? Australia.
YES: Definitely.... To the best of my knowledge. ...Read more
My daughter seems to be having recurring episodes of pinworms. We give her medication, wash bedding and do our very best to reinforce good hygiene?
Source: The source of the pinworm should be examined. It could be a pet turtle, or well water that wasnt tested or filtered properly. If she is the only one who is constantly exposed, the source of the exposure should be examined. ...Read more
I discovered pinworms after Jadean told me her vagina is sore at night. What is the best option for treatment and should I be worried.
Pinworms: this requires prescription medication so see a doctor ...Read more
I think my 9 yr old daughter has pinworms. Do i need to take her to pediatrician or can I give her OTC medication?
Rx: Mebendazole, pyrantel pamoate and Albendazole are products used to treat pinworms, though I have only used Mebendazole in my patients. I'm not sure about otc products. Call your pediatrician, describe why you believe she has pinworms. The doctor may not require you to come in. Remember to treat household contacts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I need a straight answer what is bleeding outside of the brain
- I think the groin rash is due to a fungal infection what can i do
- I have a svere sinus infection what is the best way to treat this
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a constant sore throat what is the best solution to this
- What is the best thing to do for a child with allergies to help build their immune system?
- What is the best medication to treat a spinal cord injury and spasticity?
- What can i do with a child who is vomitting even the medicine?
- Talk to a pediatrician online