Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Over The Counter Subsitute For Lovaza
Can i take over-the-counter fish oil instead if lovaza? It's very expensive.. Does cost justify benefits vs otc?
You can, but....: Otc does not carry the same guarantee of purity and may not work as well. Some sources otc are very good while others aren't. The less expensive it is, the less likelihood of purity and effectiveness. ...Read more
Is it ok to continue taking metformin even if i don't have polycystic ovaries anymore? Is it true it counters the effect of OTC pills (weight gain)
Several good ones: But best depends on cause of emesis: viral/bacterial gastroenteritis/food poisoning: emetrol, pepto-bismol, kaopectate; dizziness/seasickness: dramamine, (dimenhydrinate) bonine. Precautions: emetrol used with caution in diabetics; pepto causes black tongue/mouth/stools; dramamine/bonine can cause drowsiness & may exacerbate glaucoma. If in doubt, ask your fp/pediatrician. ...Read more
OTC creams, etc...: To treat mild or moderate eczema, Hydrocortisone 1% cream (use a thin coat on the rash, twice a day, for 5-10 days) is cheap, found at most stores and works well. A daily moisturizing cream (cetaphil, cerave, eucerin, etc.) used 2-4 times a day helps to heal eczema & to prevent return of the rash. One can avoid creams with lanolin, aloe, or fragrances if sensitive to the ingredients. Avoid soaps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Non-Medical!: Individual and collective stress is endemic. Some stress is appropriate ("a lion is chasing me"...!) but most, however, is inappropriate and caused by an overactive and automatic "firing" of these "sympathetic" defense mechanisms. We have to "unlearn" them in a natural and automatic way so they don't exhaust us and shorten our lives. Meditation techniques are superior to any rx. Check out t.M. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best over-the-counter antiemetic?
- What is the best over-the-counter diet pill?
- What is the best over-the-counter medicine for allergies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best over-the-counter allergy medicine to use?
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for eczema?
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for eczema in children?
- What is the best over-the-counter tattoo fading treatment?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free