Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Over The Counter Medication For Trigger Thumb
I had trigger thumb and carpal tunnel surgery on March 17, 2015. I still have numbness,tingling, tightness,sensitivity,is this normal ?
Yes: It takes time for the inflamed tissue to heal both from where the surgery was done and from around the nerve that was injured. Then it will take time for the nerve itself to heal. I just had this discussion with my hand surgeon. The nerve heals approximately 1-2 mm a day not counting the first month after surgery. Give it time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
-Otis of the thumb flexor. There is swelling that forms a problem for it 2 glide thu the confining pulley. Since the flexor is much stronger than the extensor, when U flex the thumb the swollen part is able 2 B pulled thru the pulley, but when U try 2 extend it feels locked, but then pops thru the pulley, & hence the name trigger thumb. U feel the snap ...Read more
Does squeezing on a stress ball help w trigger thumb & please adv also what other ways to treat besides splint & anti inflamatory drugs, desperate, no ins?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Which is the best anti inflammatory over-the-counter for trigger thumb
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for eczema?
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for eczema in children?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best over-the-counter medication for cold
- The best over-the-counter sleep medications
- Best over-the-counter medication for diarrhea
- Best over-the-counter medication for migraines
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free