Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Over The Counter Medication For Trigger Thumb
I had trigger thumb and carpal tunnel surgery on March 17, 2015. I still have numbness,tingling, tightness,sensitivity,is this normal ?
Yes: It takes time for the inflamed tissue to heal both from where the surgery was done and from around the nerve that was injured. Then it will take time for the nerve itself to heal. I just had this discussion with my hand surgeon. The nerve heals approximately 1-2 mm a day not counting the first month after surgery. Give it time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Does squeezing on a stress ball help w trigger thumb & please adv also what other ways to treat besides splint & anti inflamatory drugs, desperate, no ins?
Painful triggering: Trigger thumb is a stenosing (constricting) tenosynovitis resulting in inflammation and pain, often worsened by movement. When the symptoms are severe, triggering or catching at the thumb may be noted. Non-operative modalities include anti-inflammatory medication, temporary splinting, and corticosteroid injection. Open trigger thumb release may be warranted for recalcitrant cases. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Locking: In the a1 pulley at the base of the thumb on the palmar side of the mp joint the flexor policus longus tendon can get bound up and not glide properly. This causes clicking or locking on attempted thumb motion. The motion of the ip joint is primarily affected. This is usually an overuse syndrome. Treatment consists of steroid injection , splinting, or surgery to release pulley. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tendon swelling: Trigger finger or thumb occurs when the digital flexor tendon begins to swell, from either trauma or overuse. As it swells it becomes stuck at the entrance of the finger, based in the palm at the base of the finger. This will cause occasional clicking, stiffness, and occasionally overt locking. Treatment is rest, antinflammatories, occasionally steroid injections, or a simple trigger release. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best over-the-counter medications for bronchitis?
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for sore throat and sinus?
- Which is the best anti inflammatory over-the-counter for trigger thumb
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for eczema?
- What is the best over-the-counter body wash for oily skin and body acne?
- What is the best treatment for severely dry skin over-the-counter lotion?
- What is the best over-the-counter treatment for eczema on the face?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free