Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Over The Counter Body Wash For Oily Skin And Body Acne
What I Recommend: Neutrogena body clear body wash twice daily. After wash, alternate neutrogena body clear body spray with a 10% Alpha hydroxy acid moisturizer (acne.Org has a good one). Good hygiene is also important, so make sure you shower and change clothes right away after a work-out. The degree of body acne can vary, if its irritated or severe you may need to see a doctor for a more thorough evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A common human skin disease characterized by areas of scaly red skin (seborrhea) with blackheads/whiteheads (comedones) , pinheads (papules), large papules (nodules), pimples & possibly scarring. Occurs mostly on face, upper chest & back. Treated with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic ...Read more
Since I have oily skin on my face is there a way I can get rid of my acne ? Over the counter products such as oxy pads doesn't work for me.
Cetaphil: I generally recommend cetaphil daily facial cleanser. Basis is another excellent soap. ...Read more
Wide variety: Im partial the the vi body wash , it has glycolic acid in it and is capable of use on the face. It should cost only $30 an the bottle lasts quite a while. ...Read more
Benzoyl peroxide: No need for a pricey or gimmicky product. Choose a strength you can tolerate and apply as you can tolerate / as directed. If this hasn't cleared you in two weeks, your personal physician can add something else to this regimen, and keep experimenting until you're better. Best wishes. ...Read more
I have acne for almost 3 years now in my face and I have a oily skin which sometimes becomes sticky. What would be the best cure to get rid of this?
Scientific Rx: Being a teen is tough enough without acne, and i'm sorry you went through 3 years. I start with topical Clindamycin with either benzoyl peroxide or (if there are blackheads) a retinoic acid derivative. If results are not good in a month, add a systemic antibiotic that's right for you; a dermatologist has a less-pleasant rx that can abolish the oil and eliminate the acne. You deserve to look good. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best body wash for dry sensitive skin?
- What is the best treatment for severely dry skin over-the-counter lotion?
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for sore throat and sinus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best over-the-counter medications for bronchitis?
- What is the best treatment for skin that has been scratched raw and is oozing?
- What is the best over-the-counter treatment for eczema on the face?
- What is best over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess?
- Talk to a dermatologist online