Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Over The Counter Antiemetic
Several good ones: But best depends on cause of emesis: viral/bacterial gastroenteritis/food poisoning: emetrol, pepto-bismol, kaopectate; dizziness/seasickness: dramamine, bonine. Precautions: emetrol used with caution in diabetics; pepto causes black tongue/mouth/stools; dramamine/bonine can cause drowsiness & may exacerbate glaucoma. If in doubt, ask your fp/pediatrician. ...Read more
Is it ok to continue taking metformin even if i don't have polycystic ovaries anymore? Is it true it counters the effect of OTC pills (weight gain)
Salicylic acid wash: Getting started on a cleanser that has salicylic acid in it can help control breakouts. Beyond that there are many topicals available that most people are resistent to; which is why they are over the counter and not that useful. Review your situation with your doctor and start a plan of management that will be helpful to your type of acne. ...Read more
Depends on symptoms: The trick to treating a cold is to prioritize the worst of the symptoms. For example , if you have a stuffy nose, prioritize medicines for stuffiness, such as Pseudoephedrine or phenylephrine. Oxymetazoline (afrin nose spray) is excellent and can be used with pills, but only for 3 days. For cough try mucinex-dm max strength- which has high dose guaifenesin. Ask pharm for help if you have high bp. ...Read more
OTC creams, etc...: To treat mild or moderate eczema, Hydrocortisone 1% cream (use a thin coat on the rash, twice a day, for 5-10 days) is cheap, found at most stores and works well. A daily moisturizing cream (cetaphil, cerave, eucerin, etc.) used 2-4 times a day helps to heal eczema & to prevent return of the rash. One can avoid creams with lanolin, aloe, or fragrances if sensitive to the ingredients. Avoid soaps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not a mediCAtion: Meditation does not require a prescription, and you can do it every day without problematic side effects. There are many different forms, but the simplest way i've found is mindfulness-based stress reduction. You can do it anywhere you're breathing or doing any activity at all. For info: www.Umassmed.Edu/cfm/home/index.Aspx they list programs beyond ma. Also: www.Mindfullivingprograms.Com. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best over-the-counter medications for bronchitis?
- What is the best over-the-counter drug to prevent premature ejaculation?
- What is the best over-the-counter body wash for oily skin and body acne?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for severely dry skin over-the-counter lotion?
- What is the best over-the-counter treatment for eczema on the face?
- What is the best over-the-counter sinus cold medicine?
- What is the best over-the-counter medication for sore throat and sinus?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free