Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Over The Counter Allergy Medicine To Use
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
What is the best over-the-counter allergy medicine for seasonal allergies? I heard OTC nose sprays should be avoided?
Allergy: Otc decongestant nose sprays like afrin are very helpful but can only be used 3-4 days. Medications like zyrtec and Allegra are very good. Nasal saline spray is good because it washes out pollen, etc from nose and also acts as mild decongestant. Eye drops like visine allergy are very helpful. Nasal crom nasal spraay is helpful and safe but inconvienent because it requires frequent use. ...Read more
Saline/antihistamine: You can try any over the counter antihistamine eye drops, avoid any that have additional medications in them such as a vasoconstrictor because they can cause rebound effect. Some examples: zyrtec, claritin, zaditor. Also use saline throughout the day which will help. Keep drops cool in refrigerator to provide more relief. ...Read more
What is the best over the counter allergy medication? I have a clogged ear, watery eyes and slightly runny nose. I sound gross huh?
Several choices: Current over the counter allergy medications that work well for most people with mild allergies are Claritin (loratadine), zyrtec (cetirizine) and Allegra (fexofenadine). One may work better than the other for a particular person, so it is not unreasonable to try more than one. Older antihistamines (benadryl) work, but are associated with more side effects, especially drowsiness. ...Read more
What to do if i need to know of a very good over-the-counter allergy medicine for people allergic to cats?
I'm highly allergic to pollen.I tried singular and almost every over-the-counter allergy medicine. Is there another method or medication to help me?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best over-the-counter medicine for allergies?
- What is the best over-the-counter drug to prevent premature ejaculation?
- What is the best way to relieve tooth or gum pain using over-the-counter meds?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What over-the-counter medicine can i use to permenantly treat vaginal dryness?
- What is the best kind of vacuum cleaner to use for asthma and allergy issues?
- What can i use that is over-the-counter to rid belly fat?
- What over-the-counter medicine is closest to allegra d?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free