Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Otc Pain Medicine For A Sprained Knee
Knee sprain: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) can help with both pain relief and in reducing inflammation. Examples are ibuprofen (like Advil, Nuprin or Motrin), Naproxen sodium (like Aleve, (naproxen) Naprosyn, Anaprox) or Asprin (such as Bayer, Ecotrin, Ascriptin). Avoid NSAID's if pregnant or allergic to them. In that situation can consider acetaminophen. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Degree dictates plan: A "sprained knee" is not specific enough a diagnosis your recovery pathway. A detailed determination of the actual structures injured and whether the sprain is mild, moderate, or severe will provide adequate information to prescribe a correct treatment algorithm in your case. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Stiff knee common: Knee sprains are common, especially sprains of the MCL (medial collateral ligament). Stiffness of the knee is common for several weeks and is an expected part of healing. If not improving by 3 weeks post injury, evaluation by an Orthopaedic surgeon is warranted. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What otc pain medicine is best for back pain?
- What is the best otc pain reliever for a meniscus tear in the knee?
- What is the strongest otc pain medicine to take?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best otc sleep medicines
- Best otc medicine for lower back pain pobably a back spasm
- What is the best otc pain med for neutrally?
- Best otc for neuropathic pain
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free