Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Oil For Cooking To The People Who Are Having Blod Cholesterol
Olive: Olive oil or peanut oil.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: Plant-based oils can be cholesterol free. Animal-based oils are not. ...Read more
Can I use olive oil the same as normal "cooking oil" when frying foods? I usually use vegetable or canola oil but want to lower cholesterol.
Varies: I would use olive oil in cold dishes as there are some concerns that many of the benificial properties are not heat stable. ...Read more
Best kinds of fish besides salmon that's high in the good oils that help with lowering cholesterol? How many mgs flax oil pills should be taken daily?
Fish oil for brain: The omega 3 fatty acids must be from fish rather than from plant source in order to benefit brain health. Take ~1200mg epa/day + ~1000mg dha /day must be taken with food or drink that has fat in it, in order to absorb the fish oil....Otherwise you will be flushing your omega3 fish oil down the toilet without having absorbed it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
LDL, not Cholesterol: Cholesterol is a fat molecule manufactured by every animal cell, a building block of each cell membrane (enables membrane fluidity/movement without tearing), is fundamental to the survival of every animal cell. Lipoproteins (proteins which transport all fats in the water outside cells) is the correct issue for artery disease (e.g. Ldl ?700 nmol/l, HDL ?45 µmol/l). Cholesterol ?$, but misleading. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibly: Cholesterol level is mostly determined by our genes, but stress can raise it- your body uses cholesterol to make stress hormones.High cholesterol isn't always bad- it depends on the types of cholesterol. See http://www.Chem.Ox.Ac.Uk/mom/cholesterol/ & http://www.Cbn.Com/cbnnews/healthscience/2012/october/cholesterol-myth-what-really-causes-heart-disease/ focus on reducing stress to improve health! ...Read more
Increases cholestero: It moistens hair & skin & has antimicrobial effects. After drinking coconut oil some people feel full & hunger is suppressed. Ingesting a couple of tbs of coconut oil per day can cause nausea & vomiting. Coconut oil has the highest saturated fat content of all oils with more than 13 grams of fat per tbs. It can increase cholesterol levels. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best exercise equipment for people who have joint pain?
- What is the best treatment for pimples in people who are out of their teens?
- What is the lifespan for people who have treacher collins syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the best snack foods for me to eat if i have gastroparesis?
- What is the best diet for a woman who has osteoarthritis and has to loose weight?
- What is the best time to sleep for a teen who wakes up at 4 in the morning?
- What are the best foods to feed a toddler who is underweight?
- Talk to a cardiologist online