Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Drink To Numb The Throat And Help With The Loss Of Voice
Hi, I am having a ice cold sensation when I breathe in? I'm currently suffering with a cold as well as loss of voice due to a clogged throat.
Occasionally: Sometimes if the tonsils are very swollen and infected the patient can get what is known as the "hot potato voice". It means that their speech is muffled and distorted. In which case they may actually have an abcess of the tonsil. In my experience most people with strep just have a normal voice, but with a sore throat. Hoarseness is more common with croup and laryngitis. ...Read more
Cold sensation in throat when exercising (playing squash) and hoarseness throughout the day. Even loss of voice in the morning?
Ginger tea: Boil freshly sliced, peeled ginger root in water until the tea is tan. Add 3 tbsp of honey. Sip to help relieve sore throat pain and to accelerate healing of laryngitis. For significant sore throat with swollen tonsils / lymph nodes – see physician & get a strep throat test / culture. ...Read more
Loss of voice but no pain in the throat for two days now. woke up blowing out infection looking mucous but fine after, no cough really?
I have a sever soar throat and caugh and loss of voice. And congestion. Had bad. Acid reflex recently. Could it be laryngitis?
Yes: Loss of voice is usually due to laryngitis it may last a couple of days but usually recovers without any complications. Treatment is supportive without the need of any medications. If however your sore throat gets worse with high fevers and increased cough you should see a physician for pharyngitis. This is also usually viral and does not need any medications, however rarely strep throat maybe diagnosed which does need antibiotics. ...Read more
I have had a cough, sore throat and loss of voice for a week. I looked at the back of my throat and saw white/yellowish bumps. What is it?
See your doctor: You probably have a viral infection, but sometimes step throat can occur in adults. Please see your doctor for an exam. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What time of the month is it best to have unprotected sex and not be pregnant?
- What is the best paint color to help reduce eye strain and stress in a work area?
- What is the best way to get rid of unwanted facial hair when dealing with pcos?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best juice to drink for weight loss?
- What is the best and easiest way to firm up the triceps muscle of the upper arm?
- What is the best kind of vacuum cleaner to use for asthma and allergy issues?
- What is the best way to get rid of hand joint pain and be more flexible?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online