Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Course Of Treatment For A Sprained Ankle
RICE: Rest it, ice it (bag of frozen veggies works in a pinch), compress it in an ace wrap or brace, elevate it as much as possible and take Ibuprofen or alleve to decrease the pain and swelling. If you cannot put any weight on it at all you should see your doctor. You may need crutches or further evaluation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Rest, ice, ace: ankle sprain can be initially treated with rest, ice, and compression with ace bandage or similar. Over the counter anti inflammatory meds (ibuprofen) can help with pain and swelling. A rehab program 5-10 days after is important for strengthening and preventing recurrence. See a foot/ankle specialist for a specific treatment plan. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I ended up having a grade 3 high ankle sprain, and is unstable. What is the usual treatment? And how long is the recovery usually?
I've got severe ankle sprain from about 2 months, I had 2 torn lig. but I just wrapped it with some NSAID, is there any effective treatment now?
Ankle sprain 2 weeks ago. Now still pain when walk down stairs, squat down, walk slopes. Will recover on its own with time? What treatment needed?
Have it evaluated.: Ankle pain following and injury may last a long time. The pain may be due to a fracture, sprains, arthritis, or a soft tissue injury involving the tendon, ligaments or nerves . Have the foot evaluated so that you may get the appropriate care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for a sprained ankle?
- What is the best treatment for circular rash at the site of a tick bite?
- What is the treatment for a sprained ankle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best type of underwear for a teenage boy to wear?
- What is the best treatment for swelling of private parts?
- What is the best treatment for swelling in arch of foot?
- What is the best treatment for delusions of grandeur?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free