Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Advice You Can Give To Someone Who Is Worried
I've been taking advicor for five years and now my doctor is switching me to zocor (simvastatin). How long does the niacin stay in your body.. Flushing?
Good question: I researched your question: the half life of extended release Niacin in Advicor (lovastatin and niacin) is very variable, & depends on gender, dose, & individual characteristics. It peaks 5 hours after a single dose. Following years of treatment, it's probably safe to assume that it will take days (3-5) to wear off completely. Possibly longer depending on dose. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My father has enlargement of the heart. I am really worried. Can it be treated? What is the best advice you can give for him?
What is the best advice you can give on how to avoid a c-section and labor inducing medicine when giving birth?
Discuss with OB: Talk to your obstetrician about their attitude on c-sections verses your attitude. If you both agree that you'd like to avoid one, and/or the use of labor inducing medications, that's the best odds you can have. Leave your mind open, though. In the process of birth there are often circumstances that occur that warrant the help of a c-section or meds to protect the life & well being of baby & mom. ...Read more
Its is posible that i can get pregnant even if i have bicornuate uterus? what is the best advice you can give to get pregnant in my situation.. thank
To take his medicine: Since you are 62, your brother cannot be a lot younger, which suggests that his epilepsy is probably due to a concussion (even if it occurred a long time ago), a small stroke, or another brain lesion. Mri scan may be able to establish the underlying cause and possibly lead to removal of this cause. However, whatever the cause, it is not likely that the epilepsy will stop on its own any time soon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can being around someone who smokes cigars in front of you give you lung cancer?
- What can you do for someone who is choking on a glass of water?
- Can you give someone a bladder infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you give someone herpes by kissing?
- Can you give someone genital herpes from a cold sore?
- Can you give someone herpes from a cold sore?
- Can you get shingles from someone who has chicken pox?
- Can you give cpr to someone who may have a broken neck?