Doctor insights on:
What Is The Belly Button Attached To
I have a black thing deep in my belly button. It wont come out like its attached. Its been there a while and grosses me out. What could it be?
The Word "Thing": I am sorry but the word "thing' is in no way descriptive. I would advise that a physician look at this in person to evaluate what you really mean. ...Read more
Sharp pain from belly button to the bladder as if a string were attached, happens when stretching abdomen, about once a month, pain last about an hour?
Belly button: The belly button represents the remnant of the blood vessels that attached the fetus to the mother as its source of nourishment. ...Read more
After the umbilical stump falls off, is the belly button opening supposed to close up? My 3 week old's fused shut. Should it be reopened?
Sounds pretty normal: Most cord stumps will separate by a week or so ant the site will seal over by a month.Your description sounds normal.If concerned, cal your docs office and see what they recommend. ...Read more
Contact dermatitis: The most common cause i see for itching in that area is allergy to a metal, usually nickel. Most people wear a metal belt buckle, or have a metal snap and/or zipper on their pants, and if you're allergic to the metal in that buckle or snap, it will cause itching. Another possibility is that you may have gotten an irritating substance of some sort trapped inside your belly button. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a hernia in the belly button?
- What causes belly button to bleed?
- What causes pain in belly button?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes pain in the belly button?
- What is your belly button connected to?
- What does pain in your belly button mean?
- What is the liquid that leaks from your belly button?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online