Doctor insights on:
What Is The Average Time Needed For An Antihistamine To Begin To Work
45-90 minutes: Antihistamines taken by mouth begin to work in about an hour but may take longer if you've just eaten. Antihistamine nasal sprays (astepro, patanase) begin to work in 30 minutes. An antihistamine injection, usually diphenhydramine, sometimes given for a severe allergic reaction or anaphylaxis begins to work in a few minutes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I went on antihistamines for a long time and they no longer work. Nose sprays don't either. Now have post drip. ?
Unclear: Different antihistamines have different potencies. 10 mg of Zyrtec is equivalent to 180mg of Allegra (fexofenadine). Mg doseage as in all medicines are drug specific. In regard to toxic levels, each has it's own known limit. However too much antihistamine can lead to deadly arrythmias/ Please use the recommended dose. ...Read more
Antihistamines: Safety of high dose medications is often unknown. Our experience comes from case reports of persons who intentionally or accidentally consumed unusually excessive quantities. When Claritin (loratadine) was first investigated, safety studies were done at 40 mg (4 times the current recommended dose). We take 10 mg because effectiveness is not significantly different between 10 mg and 40mg. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably: This combination is usually safe, but individual factors may influence this. Consult your doctor to deal with your specific circumstances. ...Read more
Allergy shots: antihistamines only cover up symptoms and don't cure anything. Allergy shots treat the cause and that is why with successful immunotherapy you can get rid of antihistames. One complication of nasal allergy treated symptomatically is development of asthma. On the other hand if you treat the cause you prevent complications ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best time to take an antihistamine?
- For what length of time will antihistamines remain active in the body
- What is the average time to get pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What time to average teenagers wake up in the morning?
- What is the average time for intercoursehow can a person increase it?
- What is the average time it takes for blood to clot?
- What is the average healing time for a scaphoid fracture in the wrist?
- Talk to a dermatologist online