Doctor insights on:
What Is The Average Life Expectancy After Diagnosis With Alzheimers
Up to >14 years.: The answer to this question differs with the affected individual, as no two cases are alike. However, it has been determined that the mean life expectancy after diagnosis is 7 years, with few cases (3%) living more than 14 years. It is still hard to be clear on this since individuals may have had alzheimer's for some time before diagnosis. ...Read more
Can you tell me some of the symptoms, treatment, and what is the life expectancy of someone who suffers from alzheimers?
Strongly advise: You contact alzheimer's foundation, or "the judy fund in palm springs california. They up to date on all the questions you have! ...Read more
What is the life expectancy for an 83 year old man with diagnoses of alzheimer's, parkinson's, and lewey bodies dementia?
Depends: Depending on how severe the above conditions are, and what other medical problems he has, it may be anywhere from 6 weeks to 5+ years. For your loved ones, particularly if they are mentally incapacitated, you would want to address end of life issues such as would they want to be maintained on a respirator, live in a nursing home etc. A social worker can help you with that. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No Real Answer: I was hoping an older doctor would answer this. This should never be done anymore. Think of dementia as reverse development of a baby. When the apathy that there is no longer an interest in eating they are near death. Theoretically a g-tube could prolong their lives months to even years if the rest of their organs are healthy and bed sores are avoided. However, this there is no quality of life. ...Read more
What's an average fluid intake for late stage Alzheimer's patient they have also got fluid retention?
Individualize: For 'late stage' of any disease that might be approaching end-stage i advise letting your loved one (or patient with dementia) guide how much they need based on thirst (i.e. Offer fluids on demand but and don't force). By letting them guide you it maximizes their comfort towards the end of their life. For sudden declines be evaluated by a doctor for easily reversible causes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What are the most important things to ask/understand from your doctor after receiving a diagnosis for alzheimer's?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the average life expectancy of a person with cardiomyopathy?
- What is the life expectancy after repairing an aortic aneurysm?
- What is the average life expectancy of having a left ventricular assist device?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the life expectancy of someone with advanced lymphoma just a few months?
- What is the life expectancy of someone with heart disease or condition?
- What is the average life expectancy for heart transplant patients?
- What is the life expectancy for a patient after heart bypass surgery?
- Talk to a geriatrician online for free