Doctor insights on:
What Is The Antidote To A Rash From Poison Ivy
Steroid Cream: The best medicine is prevention. However, once the rash has developed, steroid creams will stop the reaction, calm the itch and make the redness go away. Steroid shots, or steroids by mouth, are only needed in extreme circumstances where children can't see, can't breathe or can't urinate because of the rash. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
Yes: Poison ivy rashes are due to allergic contact dermatitis. You will have worse reactions with each encounter with poison ivy. You may also develop allergic reactions to other contact sensitizers such as nickel or certain common cosmetics. Use hypoallergenic lotions (e.g. Vanicream, Vaniply, CeraVe) and soap (Unscented Dove). Bothersome - see an allergist/immunologist or dermatologist. ...Read more
Poison Ivy: Poison ivy rash is not contagious. Rubbing the rashes won't spread poison ivy to other parts of your body (or to another person). You spread the rash only if urushiol oil -- the sticky, resinlike substance that causes the rash -- has been left on your hands. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Itch: Probably makes them itch more, but that is about it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the fastest way to reduce a swelling of the eye from an injury?
- What is the incision to remove a stone from the renal pelvis called?
- What is the best thing to put on a face rash stop face cream?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best way to get rid of poison ivy whuile pregnant?
- I think the groin rash is due to a fungal infection what can i do
- What is the amount of time it takes to recover from a corn operation?
- What does a rash from poison ivy look like?
- Talk to a dermatologist online