Doctor insights on:
What Is Sulfameth Trimethoprim Used To Treat
My BF has been on sulfa/trimethoprim 800 2x day for 8 months to treat skin. Is this affecting his fertility? TTC whole time and negative each month.
Not likely: B"sd per google are you taking Toronto Transit Commission or trying to conceive? - suspect the later. BF taking a full dose of antibiotic for a long time. "No adverse effects on fertility or general reproductive performance were observed in rats given oral dosages as high as 350 mg/kg/day sulfamethoxazole plus 70 mg/kg/day trimethoprim." does not appear to be issue in humans either. ...Read more
Acne sulfa: The drug sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim would be able to treat acne but except in unusual cases it is not a good drug to treat acne. The main reason is that there are many other safer medications to use for long term treatment , particularly members of the tetracycline family. Rarely a person can have an adverse reaction to sulfa drugs that can be very severe. I have seen 4 people die from it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Doctor prescribed me sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim 800mg/160mg to treat a stye, will that work? I've had it for 1month, it popped but came back
Have it checked: If it came back, I would be concerned that it may not be just a stye. It could be a chalazion, which is an inflammation in one of the oil glands that may need to be incised, or something else. I'm would suggest seeing an ophthalmologist who should be able to help you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is bactroban cream used to treat?
- What is sulfameth trimethoprim 800 mg used for?
- What is doxycycline hyclate used to treat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is clobetasol propionate used to treat?
- What antibiotic is used to treat athletes foot?
- What is used to treat ringworm?
- What type of lens is used to treat myopia?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free