Doctor insights on:
What Is Sulfameth Trimethoprim Used To Treat
Sometimes: It can be in some instances.Get a more detailed answer ›
My BF has been on sulfa/trimethoprim 800 2x day for 8 months to treat skin. Is this affecting his fertility? TTC whole time and negative each month.
Not likely: B"sd per google are you taking Toronto Transit Commission or trying to conceive? - suspect the later. BF taking a full dose of antibiotic for a long time. "No adverse effects on fertility or general reproductive performance were observed in rats given oral dosages as high as 350 mg/kg/day sulfamethoxazole plus 70 mg/kg/day trimethoprim." does not appear to be issue in humans either. ...Read more
Depends . . .: Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) only works against those bacteria that are sensitive to it, just like diesel fuel is only good for a diesel engine. Check out http://www.Mayoclinic.Com/health/hidradenitis-suppurativa/ds00818 for more info. With that said, if your doc is concerned for MRSA (bacterial w/multiple drug resistance), Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) is an option (http://www.Cdc.Gov/mrsa/treatment/). ...Read more
Can septra (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) be used to temporarily treat an infected abscess tooth?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is sulfameth trimethoprim 800 mg used for?
- Sulfameth trimethoprim 800 160 used
- Sulfameth trimethoprim 800 160 used for
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can trimethoprim be used to treat chlamydia?
- Sulfameth trimethoprim 800
- Sulfameth trimethoprim allergic reaction
- Sulfameth trimethoprim ds
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free