Doctor insights on:
What Is Sulfameth Trimethoprim Used To Treat
Acne sulfa: The drug sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim would be able to treat acne but except in unusual cases it is not a good drug to treat acne. The main reason is that there are many other safer medications to use for long term treatment , particularly members of the tetracycline family. Rarely a person can have an adverse reaction to sulfa drugs that can be very severe. I have seen 4 people die from it. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Doctor prescribed me sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim 800mg/160mg to treat a stye, will that work? I've had it for 1month, it popped but came back
Have it checked: If it came back, I would be concerned that it may not be just a stye. It could be a chalazion, which is an inflammation in one of the oil glands that may need to be incised, or something else. I'm would suggest seeing an ophthalmologist who should be able to help you. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
No: Tmp/smx or Bactrim is a medication commonly used for skin or lung infections. Cold-like symptoms such as cough, congestion are more likely viral and will not respond to an antibiotic. Try using an antihistamine and decongestants to overcome your symptoms. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Incise and drain: Hi. The cardinal treatment for an abscess is incision and drainage. Antibiotics play a role AFTER incision and drainage. Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole, among others, could be used, but without first incising and draining the abscess, they won't work. Good luck! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is bactroban cream used to treat?
- What is sulfameth trimethoprim 800 mg used for?
- What is doxycycline hyclate used to treat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is clobetasol propionate used to treat?
- What antibiotic is used to treat athletes foot?
- What is used to treat ringworm?
- What type of lens is used to treat myopia?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free