Doctor insights on:
What Is Structure And Function Of A Joint Capsule
To Stabilize Joints: The joint capsule provides joint stability. If injured it can lead to stiffness and may then be surgically removed, without compromising stability as long as the joint's ligaments are kept intact. While this seems counterintuitive, it's because joints can undergo changes that turn the capsule from a necessary structure to a problem that is best removed (it regrows back more normal). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
3mm lump on epl tendon snags painfully at pip on slight flexion. Any excision risks? Fluid escape from joint capsule? Cause ganglion? Other risks?
Real cause?: Epl tendon inserts at the base of the middle phalynx so central slip snagging at pip joint is more likely a tear in fibers extending from lateral band to central slip causing abnormal shift of tendons. There is no structure that central slip [epl] would get caught on. Lump is most likely scar. Recommend splinting protocol first before considering any surgery. F/u with hand surgeon. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
No: A synovial joint has a capsule surrounding it. These are joints like the shoulder, knee, hip and many many others. There are also fibrous joints (like the sutures in the skull) and cartilaginous joints (like where the ribs meet the sternum). Each of these kinds of joints have numerous subtypes as well. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Would a fx of the lateral malleolus with partially torn aftl and deltoid ligs and soft tissue injury in joint capsule be described as bimalleor ?
Bimal equival: A single fracture of the lateral malleolus with a displaced, torn deltoid ligament can be described as a bimalleolar equivalent. It's not truly a bimalleolar fracture because there is only one "true" fracture, but because of the deltoid injury/joint displacement, it's treated as a more serious ankle fracture injury. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I have a torn big toe joint capsule and did PRP 10 weeks ago. Stil not healed. Can I deep tissue masage it and take comfrey (anti-inflam?) and silica?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a lump on the joint between my middle finger and hand what is it
- What is the typical healing time for a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula?
- I have a mild cold and my left ear is kind of blocked what do i do
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a lump on the back of my neck what is that and it itches
- Got a lump on the middle of my penis and there is no pain what could it be
- What is the difference between an impingement and tear of a rotator cuff?
- What is the function of the chordae tendinae and papillary muscles?
- What is the function of a joint capsule?