Doctor insights on:
What Is Something Safer That Can I Replace Afrin With
Saline: Nasal saline washes.Get a more detailed answer ›
I took afrin nasel spray for a cold this afternoon, is it safe for me to still take nyquil tonight even though it won't be 12 hours since i took afrin?
Is afrin safe to use in the second trimester? I've used it atleast twice a day for the last two weeks? Is the baby ok?
Don't overuse it: Pregnancy causes congestion from swelling of the nasal membranes. Afrin shrinks the lining but should only be used for a couple of days; any longer causes severe "rebound" congestion. It is also a vasoconstrictor (tightens blood vessels), and while the risk is low, it may affect blood flow to your baby. Check with your doctor for safer and better options to treat your congestion. ...Read more
Taking nasonax for 2 weeks for afrin addictions. Will i still have a rebound affect if i stop nasonax. Is it safe to stop nasonax unlike oral steroid?
Afrin: Afrin is fda pregnancy category c. Drugs.Com defines category c as “animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.” thus discuss with your ob/physician to determine if benefits outweigh risks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i take for a chest cold that is safe for pregnant women?
- What is a safe lubricant used with a condomn and where can i buy it from?
- My 2 year old has a terrible cough what can i give her that is over-the-counter
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I get bloody nose a lot what does this mean is something wrong with my nose
- What is the best eye drop to relieve tired eyes that i can use daily?
- My acne is gone now im left with brown marks what can i do to get rid of them
- How can i cope with a husband that is emotionally unstable?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online