Doctor insights on:
What Is Selective Surgery
Got spasm in depressor labii muscle after facial paralysis 15 months. Is there surgery such as selective myectomy to treat this aside from Botox?
My face is gaunt. I have a good diet and lifestyle, and I don't want to get surgery. What can I do?
If you want to: Obviously, there is a little more to it! will it improve your appearance enough to be worth the cost, risk and down-time of surgery? Many patients with large "bags" under their eyes or extensive wrinkles on their lower lids have been helped by this fairly straightforward procedure. Talk to a plastic or oculoplastic surgeon with these concepts in mind and be sure to ask about the risks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Very safe: The advent of tumescent (meaning swollen or engorged) markedly increased the safety of traditional liposuction by diminshing the blood loss and increasing the amount of local anesthetic that could be delivered at one operative session. Although any surgical procedure carries risk, tumescent technique has improved the results when performed by an experienced surgeon. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How do I describe to friends what a rectal obstruction is? I had surgery for it. What causes this?
Confusing question: Some are born with a defect in the migration of the intestine tube down to the outside skin.It is called an imperforate anus.For some it is a very low defect and simply cutting open the skin fixes the problem.Some have a high defect and the intestine tube must be brought down and attached. If you had some other form of defect (hirschsprung's), that name would apply. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No, but...: Everything we do in life / medicine is just to modify something for working better, but always comes with a price. Any surgical care is considered as the last resort of care after failing to respond to drug, physical therapy, lifestyle change, injection, etc. So, ed-related surgery may be penile implant, penile straightening for peyronie's disease, just like hip/knee replacement for djd... ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a remedy for a bent bone in a nose without any surgery?
- What is the common recovery time after retinal detachment surgery?
- What is the best food to eat after hemorrhoid surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the age limit of heart bypass surgery?
- What is the usual recover time required after hydrocele surgery?
- What is the average recovery time of an ac joint surgery?
- What is the life expectancy for a patient after heart bypass surgery?
- What is the surgery for gerd?