Doctor insights on:
What Is Safe To Eat After Food Poisoning
Depends: There are many different causes of food poisoning, e.g., chemicals, bacterial toxins, live micro-organisms etc. However, once the poisoning has abated, it is okay to take a healthy diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils; and low in saturated fats. ...Read more
Might stir things up: Start w clear liquid like water, slightly flattened soda that is clear, or sports hydration drinks. Sip, sip, sip. Work up to solids w bland foods like bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, gelatin, or chicken. Avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, dairy & high fat foods. Rest. ...Read more
Diarrhea subsides: Stay on clear liquids until the diarrhea subsides. It is important to avoid dehydation so liquids are a must. After the diarrhea stops, go back slowly over a 24 hour time span using toast, fruits.Avoid vegetables, nuts and legumes for a few days after food poisoning since their high-fiber content makes them difficult to digest, and they can cause gas. Spicy foods and sauces can also aggravate. ...Read more
Food poisoning. My mild symptoms started 2 hours after dinner, full blown 4 hours after. It's been 10, i'm still sick, but is grandson safe?
How long should one stay on the BRAT diet after food poisoning? When can one return to a normal diet?
Normal: Yes, that feeling of fatigue is totally normal. You have lost fluids and nutrients so your body is dehydtated. Drinking clear lquid fluids should help those symptoms/. ...Read more
Can happen: There are many causes of food poisoning, but it may be common for symptoms to persist after the actual episode of exposure or infection is over, including loss of appetite. You may need to seek dietary help to insure good nutrition if you are not eating normally. There might also be an aversion to certain foods long after the event that eventually can resolve with time. ...Read more
Parasites: Very very unlikely.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is good to eat after a night of food poisoning?
- What is the best food to eat after hemorrhoid surgery?
- What is the best food to eat after vomiting?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should i wait to eat sushi after food poisoning?
- Is it normal to feel weak and have loose motions 5 days after food poisoning?
- Is it safe to eat foods with msg while pregnant?
- What fruit is not safe to eat during pregnancy?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free