Doctor insights on:
What Is Ruptured Achilles How Do You Fix It
Rapture...: A complete rupture of the achilles is a serious injury and one that would force you to seek emergency care. There are less serious, although still painful, conditions that can affect the achilles. Tendinitis, insertional tendinitis, tendinosis, partial tear.....These are all painful and become worse with activity. These can all become chronic problems. Best to have it looked at. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Any injury is : Possible for everyone. Are you doing something in particular that you are concerned may not be a good idea? ...Read more
Gap and weakness: A gap that you can feel where your achilles should be in the back of your leg/ankle (compare with normal side), and weakness during foot pushoff are signs of a possible rupture. Normally people describe being shot in the back of the leg with an achilles rupture. Further clinical evaluation by an orthopedic surgeon will confirm your suspicion. An MRI is not usually required. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Direct trauma: Achilles tendon injuries are very catastrophic. Usually occurs when the foot is in a fixed plantargrade position and the tibia (shinbone) externally rotates rapidly, and the foot does not release from its flexed state. Injuries for achilles tendon ruptures also take the longest to resolve, which can be from 8-20 weeks, depending on the amount and time of damage to the tendon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Awful: A full blown true rupture leaving a depression in the tendon called a dell may require surgery. An MRI will help make that decision. A partial rupture or tear may not. The latter will need immobilization, non weight bearing, rest, elevation, ice, and meds... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a chelater and how often do you use it?
- What is jock itch and how do you get it if a girl?
- What is the most common cause of kidney infections and how do you clear it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is staph infection and how do you get it?
- What is strep throat and how do you get it?
- What is pink eye and how do you get it?
- What is heat exhaustion and how do you treat it?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free