Doctor insights on:
What Is Respiratory Disease
COPD: COPD stands foe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease As the name says it is chronic disease of the airway which includesEmphysema and Chronic Bronchitis Most cases are caused by smoking and few others by pollution and occupational exposure COPD is not reversible and there is no cure for it. Progession of this condition can be minimised by smoking cessation and prevent the harmful exposure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
COPD: Typically barrel chest is found in patients with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease); it is indicative of trapped air in the chest which affects the lateral (side) dimensions of the chest given the chest a rounded appearance. It is typically found in severe or very severe COPD although has occassionally being described in patients with less severe disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Multiple: This is a question that has a long answer. Common causes include but are not limited to are COPD ( chronic bronchitis, emphysema) asthma, bronchiectasis, pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension and list goes on. Secondary causes of dyspnea include congestive heart failure, anemia, hiatal hernia, musculoskeletal weakness from neuropathy or myopathy, diaphragm dysfunction or paralysis etc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some diseases that affect the respiratory system?
- What is the disease from pine tree sap that causes respiratory failure?
- Signs and symptoms of respiratory disease
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Acute respiratory diseases in children
- Porcine respiratory disease complex
- Upper respiratory tract disease
- Sojourners respiratory disease
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free