Doctor insights on:
What Is Recovery Like After Having A Thymoma Removed
Depends: If you have thymoma removed by "traditional" technique, median sternotomy (split breast bone), recovery can be several months. Modern techniques will allow you to go home day after surgery and recovery within few weeks or less. I encourage patients to seek out a well trained, modern, minimally invasive thoracic surgeon. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Thymoma is a type of cancer where the uncontrolled growth of thymus cells may cause compress the nearby lung or esophagus causing cough, shortness of breath, difficulty swallowing, and chest pain. Thymomas are also associated with diseases where the immune system targets ...Read more
Maybe: Recovery after thymoma differs depending on the type of surgery done to remove the thymus e.g. Sternotomy, cervical approach, minimally invasive (vats, or robotic). The pain may take weeks to months to get better. If your pain is not improving or if its getting worse you should contact your surgeon. They can tell you exactly what to expect at your stage of recovery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had a thymoma removed last year and i was told it was benign and was fully encapsulated. But now every little pain and throb in my chest makes me ne?
I had a thymoma removed via median sternotomy 4 months ago. I am still having fairly moderate pain. Is this normal? When can I go back to work?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the recovery process like after having a benign lung nodule removed?
- Recovery thymoma removed
- What is the recovery like after cabg?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does skin cancer look like after the mole is removed?
- What does skin look like after a mole is removed?
- What can i eat after having my wisdom teeth removed?
- Foods to eat after gallbladder removal
- Talk to a head and neck surgeon online for free