Doctor insights on:
What Is Recommendations For Athletes Foot
Depends: The type of treatment rendered for athelete's foot (foot fungus) depends on the severity and the type of foot fungus it is. There are several types ranging from topical to oral medication. One important thing to remember is no matter what medication is used, it is important to address the environment that the foot is in and avoid re-infection. Don't forget to disinfect socks as well as shoes! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Athlete's foot: Prevention is better than treatment. In public baths, use slippers to walk around and make sure to wash your feet very well. Do not wear somebody else's socks or tocuh somebody's toes/feet with the disease. There are many otc antifungals that are quite effective. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Fungus Among Us: Athlete's foot is a fungal infection of the skin. It is important to keep your feet (and shoes) clean and dry, since fungus loves to grow in warm, dark, moist places. For mild cases, OTC antifungal creams typically work well. For more severe cases, see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Various ways: Firstly, since excessive perspiration and moisture is the cause, keeping feet dry is a must. Wear socks that absorb moisture and change often. Let feet air out when possible. Dry thoroughly after bathing. Powder in shoes can also be helpful. Additionally, topical anti-fungal creams, solutions or sprays may be needed. If a prolonged problem, see a podiatrist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are general exercise recommendations for young athletes with hcm?
- What to do for athletes foot?
- What works best for athletes foot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best athletes foot treatment?
- What is the best thing for athletes foot?
- What is a good home remedy for athlete's foot?
- What is the best treatment for athlete's foot?
- Talk to a dermatologist online