Doctor insights on:
What Is Pop Smear Test
Hi, I had pop smear test last week and now I am reading the test result but it made me a little worried it said the endocervical cells are present.
I had pop smear 4 months ago and result normal. &I have mid abnormal bleeding can I go to pop smear test? I am just concern my bleeding could b cancer
My period is coming in 4days time. Can I still go to smear test or pop smear today. ? What the best cycle to go pop smear?
Good question: Ask your provider doing the screening test. There are 3 "recommending bodies" regarding pap smears (the acs, uspstf, and the american college of ob/gyn). If normal, low risk, every 3 years, starting at age 21 is generally recommended. If you have a different risk, depending on your previous pap, or family hx etc., your provider may wish to increase your time interval between pap's. ...Read more
Age 21: Or when you've become sexually active. I think that the reason that women who have not yet become sexually active by age 21 are told to have them is that many of them actually are, and it's a face-saver. Your physician is your best guide. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Purpose of a smear test
- What is a smear test like?
- What is the t3 test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to have sexual intercourse the night before a pap smear test?
- What is the cause of ivf bleeding after positive pregnancy test?
- What causes my ears to pop and feel almost like water is in them?
- What is a low number on day 21 of progesterone test?
- What is pap smear test for?