Doctor insights on:
What Is Placenta In Pregnancy
Many: It's primary function is to act as a go between with your system and the baby's. It can filter out bad stuff and let good stuff (nutrients) in. It allows for the proper transfer of everything from calories to antibodies to the baby. A healthy and normally functioning placenta is critical to the baby's health. ...Read more
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
If a placenta was low lying during one pregnancy does it mean it will be low lying again for the next?
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Exactly what it says: This sounds like a comment made on an ultrasound report. They are trying to determine where it is and whether it looks normal. However, the placenta is not very developed at 11 weeks and is usually not "well defined" or visualized by ultrasound. So this is a pretty expected statement that has little or no meaning at this time in pregnancy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a posterior placenta pregnancy?
- What to do to make a placenta stronger during pregnancy?
- Placenta complications during pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Anterior placenta during pregnancy
- Bleeding placenta during pregnancy
- Blood around the placenta in pregnancy
- Constipation pregnancy placenta previa
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online