Doctor insights on:
What Is Pink Eye Virual Infection
Virus Infection: Conjunctivitis, irritation of the eye, has many causes and one of them is viral. When your eye is irritated it will turn pink however, this does not necessarily mean that you have "pink eye." "pink eye" refers to a viral infection of the conjunctiva and it will clear up on its own; however, if it worsens or lasts too long it may be bacterial requiring antibiotic treatment. See your pcp. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Could a blepharoplasty cause pink eye? Is it possible for a blepharoplasty to cause someone to get an infection like pink eye?
Pink eye is mild: Pink eye is generally a mild eye infection that causes a pink color to one or both eyes, along with eye drainage. This may be a little uncomfortable but shouldn't cause severe pain. When an infection invades the cornea, symptoms are much more severe and painful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I get eye infections cronically and do not have a eye disease and also awesome vision. I have been using pink eye relief drops also not working well.
Cause: Most "pinkeye" or conjunctivitis is actually viral, so antibiotic eye drops are usually not effective. Viral conjunctivitis tends to run it's course in 7-10 days. It can be very contagious, spreading from one eye to the other or to other people. Hand washing is essential. To be certain it is not a more serious bacterial or fungal infection, you should see an ophthalmologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a stye and pink eye?
- What is the difference between pink eye and a sty?
- What is the best thing to do for pink eye if you cannot make it to the doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for pink eye?
- What is the best thing to do when you have pink eye?
- What is pink eye and how do you get it?
- What exactly is pink eye and how does someone catch it?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free