Doctor insights on:
What Is Parotid Fullness
Below: The parotid glands are the largest salivary glands in humans and are frequently involved in disease processes. Approximately 25% of parotid masses are nonneoplastic; the remaining 75% are neoplastic. Nonneoplastic causes of parotid enlargement include cysts, parotitis, lymphoepithelial lesions associated with AIDS, collagen vascular diseases, and benign hypertrophy. Benign hypertrophy is encount ...Read more
Salivary gland: The parotid glands are paired salivary glands. They are the biggest of the major salivary glands (others are submandibular glands and sublingual glands). The parotid gland is located below your ear, extends forward underneath the skin of your neck, and travels inferiorly to your neck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Sialadenitis: Is the swelling of a salivary gland. It could come from a stone blocking the exit of saliva which in turn causes the gland and then the surrounding tissues will swell too! i would recommend drinking lots of water, then grab some sour hard candies and while sucking on these candies, massage the swollen gland with a warm wash cloth. If this doesn't do the job, then see your ENT for abx and steroids. ...Read more
Mass: Really depends on if the tumor is benign or malignant and the stage ...Read more
Myfather is 58 ysold, recently hedeveloped a small rounded swelling in the left parotid, he has no associated symptoms, what could it be& required invest?
Parotid mass: Hello, lesions within the parotid gland do indeed require further investigation. A trip to yourent doctor will help identify what you are dealing with. 80% of the masses within the parotid are benign in nature so odds are with you that it isn't a malignancy. Regardless, it must be evaluated with possible imagery, biopsy and excision. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Parotid spasm: The parotid gland is on of the large glands that makes saliva. The duct or tube that drains it secretes saliva into the mouth from the cheek oposite the second molar. I that tube is blocked or partially blocked, the gland spasms as it tries to secrete the saliva. The tube can be swollen from an inflammatory process or there could be a stone, it could be from dehydration, or it could be from tumor. ...Read more
Several: Parotid glands produce saliva, and are located bilaterally in front the ear. They send salivary fluid along stenson's duct to the high cheek areas in the inside of mouth. Blockage can be just forming or a hard stone (sialolith) try to milk the saliva out by firmly pressing and rolling along to duct orafice in mouth. Surgery can be done if far from gland itself. If it is near, possible nerve damage. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a parotid?
- What is parotid cancer?
- What is parotid swelling?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes parotid gland to swell?
- What causes fullness in ears?
- What is a full cardiac workup?
- What are the side effects of a full hysterectomy?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online