Doctor insights on:
What Is Only Type Of Insulin That May Be Added To An I V Solution
Reg human insulin: Regular human Insulin (r) is typically added to TPN or total parenteral nutrition. Because TPN is given via the vein, human r Insulin that is delivered with the nutrients can immediately be transported throughout the body to have effects. This is in contrast to the situation when a person injects Insulin into skin. In this case r human Insulin needs at least 30-40 min to start having effects. ...Read more
TPN insulin: Once Insulin is given IV (like tpn) it lasts the same (minutes) no matter what type it is. Usually regular (human r) Insulin is added because it is the cheapest insulin., so why spend more on more expensive Insulin when they all will last for the same timings and have exactly the same effects. ...Read more
Can a type 1 diabetic take victoza (liraglutide) along with their regular insulin therapy as a add on treatment ?
If there is dark coloration of skin area at underarms, inner thighs and vaginal area.So what is solution? Is there any role of insulin level?
Acanthosis Nigricans: Acanthosis nigricans is a skin condition characterized by areas of dark, velvety discoloration in body folds and creases. The affected skin can become thickened and may smell bad. Most often, acanthosis nigricans affects your armpits, groin and neck. This condition can be caused by diabetes. ...Read more
If 'N' = NPH, yes: It peaks in 6-8 hours, last 10-14 hours. Lantus has mosest peaks, lasts 24 hours the amer assoc of clinical endocrinologists recommends not using nph, but longer acting basal insulin, like Insulin to obtain smoother control [often in combination with meal time short-acting insulin]. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I think i may have ascariasis roundworms what do i do now
- What exercises do i do to get a v shaped body?
- What is a good antibiotic for cellulitis following the i v antibiotic treatment?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes an insulin dependant person to get severe itchy rash on legs only?
- I think my child may have anterior cruciate ligament injury what would that mean
- I think i may have a drinking problem what are some tell tale signs
- I think my child may have black widow spider bite what would that mean
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free